WHERE WE'VE BEEN
In Septeember of 1931, Rev. A. L. Shell Sr. ran a tent revival behind
a local hotel that is now the Vetrans Club. He came back in November of 1931
and organized The First Assembly of God church. Rev. Clem Sanks was at that time
appointed Pastor. The church rented an old store building at the corner of South and Bay Street. In 1933, Rev. T. H. Spence preached a revival and the curch was relocated
at the old Latter Day Saints Church on Byrne street. In 1934, the church met in a room behind S. Kahalley’s store on First street for a short time,then moved to Hoyle Avenue where a park is now located. In 1935, the church met in Brother Ira parker’s house on Hand Avenue.
Later that year the church moved to Stanmyer and Railroad Street while Rev. Karl Gygax was pastor. In 1937, the church was moved to the Byrne Street location where it remained until 1996.
WHERE WE ARE
In May of 1996, the church moved to its present lcation on US HWY 31
where Rev. Chester Clark pastored until 2006
In 2016 Pastor Steve Pettis was voted in unanimously. Pastor Steve has a God given vision to see the church grow and flourish in ways it has never seen before.
In the year of 2020 the church officially changed its name to Bay Assembly.The church and its leadership have a passion to love God and love the people of not only Bay Minette but the world.